[IPython-User] notebook custom url path "webapp_settings"

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha@gmail....
Wed Jun 13 15:17:06 CDT 2012

Hi,

i'm having problems  to understand how to use the configuration option : c.NotebookApp.webapp_settings ?

in my configuration file i added this line

c.NotebookApp.base_project_url = '/ipython/'
c.NotebookApp.base_kernel_url = '/ipython/'

c.NotebookApp.webapp_settings = {"static_path" : "/tmp/static"}

then i copied the static flder from :

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static

to :

/tmp/static

but tring to run it :

epi@epibox:~$ ipython notebook --profile=epi
[NotebookApp] Using existing profile dir: u'/home/epi/.config/ipython/profile_epi'
[NotebookApp] WARNING: the notebook server is listening on all IP addresses but not using any encryption or authentication. This is highly insecure and not recommended.
[NotebookApp] The IPython Notebook is running at: http://[all ip addresses on your system]:9999/ipython/
[NotebookApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut down all kernels.
WARNING:root:404 GET /login?next=%2Fipython%2F (127.0.0.1) 0.28ms

i got a 404 error.

I can see that the link show me an attempt to "login" but give 404

when i point the browser to :

http://127.0.0.1:9999/ipython/

it redirect the browser to :

http://127.0.0.1:9999/login?next=%2Fipython%2F

manually editing it to :

http://127.0.0.1:9999/ipython/login?next=%2Fipython%2F

i  got the password prompt .. but then the get/post action are executed using a wrong url (without /ipython/)

i guess i'm using a wrong path in the static_url_prefix value
and i should change something in the /tmp/static directory

have yo any hints on how to use that feature ?

thanks!

Massimo.