[IPython-User] Installation problems with IPython 0.12.1 on Windows XP SP3 and Python 2.7.3

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Jun 13 16:42:48 CDT 2012

On 13 June 2012 22:10, eat <e.antero.tammi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does it mean that some of the previous profiles are not anymore supported?

I've looked this up. Of the profiles in 0.10.2:
- numeric is gone (the numeric module was deprecated years ago)
- physics is a third party extension:
https://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/ipython-physics
- pysh exists, but doesn't change much. I think quite a bit of the
functionality was integrated into regular IPython, like capturing
output from shell commands.
- tutorial has gone - again, the functionality is exposed in different ways.

It doesn't look like there was a scipy profile, although of course
you're welcome to create one yourself if you need - start by running
"ipython profile create scipy".

Thomas