[IPython-User] Problem with load_balanced_view()

Neal Becker ndbecker2@gmail....
Fri Jun 15 09:54:44 CDT 2012

What am I doing wrong here?  Tried to call 'run_line' directly, but I get
'run_line' not defined.  So I tried again with decorator, but no diff:

from my_script import run_line

from IPython.parallel import Client

rc = Client()
lview = rc.load_balanced_view()

if __name__ == '__main__':

[ build list of tests...]

    @lview.parallel()
    def run_it (cmdline):
        return run_line (cmdline)

    parallel_result = lview.map(lambda t: run_it(cmdline=t), tests)

CompositeError: one or more exceptions from call to method: <lambda>
[4:apply]: NameError: global name 'run_it' is not defined
[1:apply]: NameError: global name 'run_it' is not defined
[0:apply]: NameError: global name 'run_it' is not defined
[2:apply]: NameError: global name 'run_it' is not defined
[7:apply]: NameError: global name 'run_it' is not defined
[3:apply]: NameError: global name 'run_it' is not defined