[IPython-User] Notebook names truncating at the first period

Kent Inverarity kent.inverarity@adelaide.edu...
Sun Jun 17 20:16:09 CDT 2012

Hi all

There is a bug in the notebook where the notebook name is truncated at
the first period in the filename when you open it -- and subsequently
renamed when you save it. If you are using a period near the start of
your filenames, this is annoying because you lose whatever the rest of
the filename is as soon as you hit Ctrl+S.

Presumably a better behaviour would be to truncate at the last period
in the filename? I've attached a git patch file which does this.

I didn't open an issue in Github yet, as I'm not sure which is the
best place to bring this sort of thing up.

Cheers

Kent

Kent Inverarity