[IPython-User] ipcluster: Too many open files (tcp_listener.cpp:213)

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Jun 19 02:50:35 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:39 AM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This happens at the zeromq level - IPython has no way of controlling
> this.
>
> Question, what's the number of open fds per engine right now (plus any
> others opened by the hub)?  At least if we advertise what the formula
> is, users could tweak their job submission scripts to test their
> environment and only request a total number of engines that's safe
> given the constraints they find...

I believe there are 3 new FDs per engine in the Hub process (7 with
--usethreads), and there are various other fds open to start with, so I
think you should generally be safe starting ulimit / 4 engines.