[IPython-User] question about cell magic

Robert Nishihara robertnishihara@gmail....
Thu Jun 21 15:54:14 CDT 2012

Zoltan, are you running these in the interpreter or in a script? When I do
"%%timeit" in the interpreter, it runs immediately (with no output). When I
do "%%timeit x = 0" in the interpreter, it runs immediately and prints some
output similar to what you described. The issue may be that your
interpreter is not giving you the opportunity to input more lines before
running the command, so all of the lines after the first aren't really
doing anything.