[IPython-User] parallel question: how to really reset an engine

Toby Burnett tburnett@uw....
Fri Jun 22 14:38:41 CDT 2012

I've been using the parallel facility for some time, very productively.
My mode is to initialize all engines for a particular setup, then allocate cases to each one. A new run then involves a new setup, for which I'd like to  clear and reuse the engines.  I invoke  the parallel function clear, which clears the remote namespace OK, but the memory use does not change, and a new initialization adds more memory.
Running 'import gc; gc.collect()'  does not seem to help.
So, I really want to restart the python process without having to kill, and restart the engine.

--Toby Burnett