[IPython-User] parallel question: how to really reset an engine

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Jun 23 14:43:55 CDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Toby Burnett <tburnett@uw.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the info, and let me encourage you on this, post-0.13: that
> capability is essential for the notebook, and clearly would make the
> parallel setup more useful as a general-purpose batch facility. Currently
> you assume well-behaved tasks that never have memory leaks or get into
> infinite loops, apparently.

Just to give you some background, that is one of the important areas
where we still need to finish refactoring and cleaning up our APIs. In
my mind, being reasonably happy with the overall structure and
terminology for our key classes is one of the main milestones whose
crossing will put us at the door of an official 1.0 release.  The big
merge that got us a good way there only happened quite recently, so I
think we have good momentum on this front.