[IPython-User] Possible to interface Blender?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jun 25 13:34:39 CDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:55 PM, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, is it at all possible to interface Blender with IPython by any means?

I don't use blender so I can't really say, but in principle it should
be possible.  Though you'll likely have to look carefully into how to
load an ipython that is synced with the blender event loop, because I
suspect that's the source of the blocking.  At first try, you can find
out what gui toolkit blender uses and try to initialize your embedded
ipython with gui support, there's a chance it will then work.

But this may require some additional work on your part and getting
help from the blender experts as well.  Don't forget to report on any
progress you make, as it could be of interest to others!