[IPython-User] How to attach notebook on existing kernel

klo uo klonuo@gmail....
Fri Jun 29 03:20:07 CDT 2012

In subsequent emails I'll address same question as in Blender topic,
which I assume are too dense for reading.

If I execute this in terminal:

  $ ipython kernel
  [IPKernelApp] To connect another client to this kernel, use:
  [IPKernelApp] --existing kernel-4333.json

how can I attach notebook to above running kernel?

  $ ipython notebook --existing

can't do it.

Documentation says that any IPython app can be attached, and while I
can attach console and qtconsole, notebook does not understand
"--existing" switch. I expect I have to reference notebook app somehow
differently but can't see how.