[IPython-User] How to attach notebook on existing kernel

Fri Jun 29 04:21:08 CDT 2012

Le 29 juin 2012 à 10:20, klo uo a écrit :

> In subsequent emails I'll address same question as in Blender topic,
> which I assume are too dense for reading.
>
> If I execute this in terminal:
>
>  $ ipython kernel
>  [IPKernelApp] To connect another client to this kernel, use:
>  [IPKernelApp] --existing kernel-4333.json
>
> how can I attach notebook to above running kernel?
>
>  $ ipython notebook --existing

ipython notebook starts a notebook server.
It does not make sense to have a server linked to a specific kernel. Hence the --existing not being recognized.
And i'm not sure there is short term plan to make the modification necessary to the notebook interface to be able to connect to an existing kernel to a notebook.
If I remember correctly I think that Brian is against having the ability to connect to arbitrary kernel with notebook.
--
Matthias