[IPython-User] qtconsole heartbeat sensor during calls of compiled extensions?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sat Mar 3 14:22:54 CST 2012

On 3 March 2012 20:14, Stefan <shmueller2@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have built a python extension that wraps a C library. When I call a
> function from this library from the qtconsole, which doesn't return within
> 3
> seconds, this triggers the heartbeat sensor:

What version of IPython are you using? I have a feeling this was fixed
recently - the heartbeat responder should now run in a separate ZMQ
context, so it doesn't get blocked by long-running library calls.

Thomas