[IPython-User] Embed ipython as a console widget in a Qt C++ application ?

Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa andresete.chaos@gmail....
Wed Mar 7 13:28:10 CST 2012

Hello Jean, I think is possible using wid (Windows ID),
you can embed external app in a qt widget getting it wid and passing it to
your qt widget.
Then you can try get wid from ipython-qtconsole or call ipython using
$xterm ipython  -into your_widget_wid
and xterm with ipython should be embed in your widget.

try this
#include<QtGui>
#include<QApplication>
int main(int argc,char *argv[])
{
  QApplication app(argc,argv);
  QDialog ipython;
  qDebug()<<"Wid "<<ipython.winId();
  ipython.exec();
  return app.exec();
}
Output Exaple: Wid  56623106
and in  a terminal run   xterm -into 56623106 ipython

then you can see ipython into xterm into your widget.

bye.

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Jean-Francois Romang <
jeanfrancois.romang@gmail.com> wrote:

> After searching for documentation it is not clear for me ; is it
> possible to embed ipython as a console widget in a Qt C++ application
> ? Are there any links showing how I can achieve this ?
> Thanks !

Omar Andres Zapata Mesa
Fundamental Interaction Phenomenology Gruop (Gfif)
Head Developer
http://gfif.udea.edu.co
Gfif Developers (Gfif Dev)
Division of computer science
http://gfifdev.udea.edu.co
System Engineering Student
Universidad de Antioquia At Medellin - Colombia
Usuario Linux  #490962