[IPython-User] matplotlib integration without pylab

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus@rath....
Sun Mar 11 12:43:04 CDT 2012

Hello,

Is there a way to get --pylab style matplotlib integration (i.e., no
need for blocking calls to matplotlib.pyplot.show() to display figures)
without any of the other effects that come with --pylab? In particular,
I do not want my namespace to be polluted with all the pylab commands.

I have just started using ipython 0.12, and the qtconsole seems to be
fantastic :-).

Thanks,

   -Nikolaus