[IPython-User] Updating required files for notebook - to get the --browser cmd line option

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Mar 12 04:26:49 CDT 2012

On 12 March 2012 06:04, Tony Cappellini <cappy2112@gmail.com> wrote:

> What do I need to do to get this new feature (while hopefully not
> introducing any new problems in my iPython installation on OSX)?

The simplest thing to do is just to run the development version - we do
most development in feature branches, so master is fairly stable. If you
"git clone git://github.com/ipython/ipython.git", then run "python setup.py
install" inside that folder, you'll get the latest version. To update, "git
pull" and install again.

Thanks,
Thomas