[IPython-User] Updating required files for notebook - to get the --browser cmd line option

Tony Cappellini cappy2112@gmail....
Thu Mar 15 10:34:59 CDT 2012

>>Does google-chrome at a command line successfully start chrome?

>>Thomas

No.
I have to do open "/Applications/Google Chrome.app".
This is the only way I can launch chrome from the cmd line (without iPython)

I don't know where "google-chrome" came from.
I used find to look for chrome, Chrome, google-chrome (and other spellings).
They are nowhere to be found on my MBP.

The only file that will launch chrome is Google Chrome.app

However, when I tried this

ipython notebook "/Applications/Google Chrome.app"

safari still gets launched for the notebook.