[IPython-User] How to enable timestamped logging?

klo uo klonuo@gmail....
Sun Mar 18 07:23:56 CDT 2012

> According to the documentation, %logstart has a -t option to enable
> timestamps:
>
> http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/stable/api/generated/IPython.core.magic.html#IPython.core.magic.Magic.magic_logstart

I enabled logging in ipython_config.py and can't see how to apply your
suggestion.

I know I can track session timestamp from sqlite history file, and dump the
session timestamp together with "history" table (which has session number),
but that's not very convenient, if there is already feature that
logs timestamped commands is text file

It's not big deal if this setting can't be found, buried deep. I got
curiious when I saw that timestamping is supported and set to false.