[IPython-User] How to enable timestamped logging?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Mar 18 12:26:20 CDT 2012

On 18 March 2012 14:36, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alas, I am running pre-.13. Based on your comment about logging I have
> just tried adding the  05_log.py code to my startup directory.  It is
> for the sympy profile, which I use a lot.  When I run a notebook I get
> a crash of what was a running notebook with complaints indicating that
> tere are unicode type errors.  Do you have an idea as to why this
> might happen?

The code might be stricter about expecting unicode input (via
magic_logstart). Try using a unicode literal: u'-o %s append'

Klo:
> It's not clear to me what to do. I found that I can hardcode timestamp option in /core/logger.py[62] where timestamped argument is set to False, but I don't want to hardcode it, I would like to set it in from my profile configuration if possible.

I guess it's not currently possible, but you can look at making it
configurable, if it's useful to you.

Thomas