[IPython-User] iPython 1.2 not restoring aliases, history, etc.

Andrew Gerard andrew@kinetifex....
Mon Mar 19 17:19:53 CDT 2012

Hello, I recently updated from Windows XP to Windows 7 and installed
iPython 1.2 under python 2.7.2. The issue I'm having is any alias, history,
or bookmark data is not being restored across sessions. In my users
directory (C:\Users\*username*) I see the .ipython and files appear to be
updating, however this information is lost when I start close a start a new
session of iPython.

Can someone point me to what's going wrong? Is this something related to
Windows 7? Or an issue new to iPython 1.2?

Thanks!