[IPython-User] iPython 1.2 not restoring aliases, history, etc.

Paul Ivanov pivanov314@gmail....
Tue Mar 20 14:27:52 CDT 2012

Andrew Gerard, on 2012-03-19 15:19,  wrote:
> Hello, I recently updated from Windows XP to Windows 7 and installed
> iPython 1.2 under python 2.7.2. The issue I'm having is any alias, history,
> or bookmark data is not being restored across sessions. In my users
> directory (C:\Users\*username*) I see the .ipython and files appear to be
> updating, however this information is lost when I start close a start a new
> session of iPython.
>
> Can someone point me to what's going wrong? Is this something related to
> Windows 7? Or an issue new to iPython 1.2?

Check if the directory you think is being used is actually the
one being used with:

  In [1]: get_ipython().ipython_dir

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists,  off-list direct email at: