[IPython-User] iPython 1.2 not restoring aliases, history, etc.

Andrew Gerard andrew@kinetifex....
Tue Mar 20 15:31:01 CDT 2012

Hey Paul, thanks for the reply. I ran your snippet and yes, the .ipython
directory is the one I'm seeing modified.

In [2]: get_ipython().ipython_dir
Out[2]: u'C:\\Users\\Andrew\\.ipython'

Running this results in the creation of the stored_alias file
(C:\Users\Andrew\.ipython\profile_default\db\stored_aliases):

In [3]: alias ls /cygwin/bin/ls.exe -a
In [4]: store ls
Alias stored: ls (/cygwin/bin/ls.exe -a)

However after closing and starting a new session, the alias is not restored.
Where can I go from here?

-Andrew