[IPython-User] Notebook ceased working - resolved

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Mar 21 14:18:50 CDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Thomas Pfaff
<thomas.pfaff@iws.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> Stopping the “Sophos Web Intelligence Service” returned IPython’s behaviour
> back to normal.

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was! It helps a lot, since
that way in the future we may know what to suggest to others if they
are troubleshooting similar symptoms.

In general, whenever someone finds a solution to a problem that seems
a bit mysterious, it's great to report back (as you did) what you
learned, so our collective google-based brain learns as well.