[IPython-User] How to explicitly print math using mathjax in notebook?

Joon Ro joonpyro@gmail....
Thu Mar 22 16:29:59 CDT 2012

Latex is enabled. What I'm asking is how to explicitly print a sympy
object with mathjax rendering.
For example, if I have a cell with the following:

	alpha, theta, delta = symbols(r'\alpha, \theta, \delta')
	alpha

and when I evaluate it, I get mathjax-rendered alpha symbol.

But if I do

	alpha, theta, delta = symbols(r'\alpha, \theta, \delta')
	print(alpha)

then I get  \alpha. Also latex(alpha) gives me that too.

My question is if there is a function which will give me mathjax rendered
symbol printing.
I'm asking this because it seems just putting alpha only works if it is
the last thing on a cell.
For example, if I do

	alpha
	print(alpha)

Then I only get \alpha, not mathjax rendered symbol.

-Joon