[IPython-User] [SciPy-User] Layering a virtualenv over EPD

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sat Mar 24 05:40:57 CDT 2012

On 3/23/12 7:00 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> However, now that I'm CC'ing the ipython list, does ipython only provide
> distutils shell scripts? It would be great if it could also provide a
> setuptools-compatible console_scripts entry point?

setup.py will use console_scripts entry points when you use easy_install or
anything else that imports setuptools before running the setup.py script. You
can use setupegg.py to do this from a source checkout.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco