[IPython-User] ipython loading messages

cutieontherun waaiting@live....
Mon Mar 26 18:56:06 CDT 2012

When I run ipython from terminal in ubuntu 11.10, I get the following
message. Although it seems to work, I would like to get rid of the warnings.
I have no need for old configuration files and I am not sure why they are
there. Is there any way to get rid of these old configuration files?
Thanks,

Here is what shows up when I run ipython:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipython-0.13.dev-py2.7.egg/IPython/utils/path.py:420:
UserWarning: Found old IPython config file u'/home/anon/.ipython/ipythonrc'
(modified by user)
  warnings.warn("Found old IPython config file %r (modified by user)"%f)
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipython-0.13.dev-py2.7.egg/IPython/utils/path.py:432:
UserWarning:
  The IPython configuration system has changed as of 0.11, and these files
will
  be ignored. See http://ipython.github.com/ipython-doc/dev/config for
details
  of the new config system.
  To start configuring IPython, do `ipython profile create`, and edit
  `ipython_config.py` in <ipython_dir>/profile_default.
  If you need to leave the old config files in place for an older version of
  IPython and want to suppress this warning message, set
  `c.InteractiveShellApp.ignore_old_config=True` in the new config.
  `c.InteractiveShellApp.ignore_old_config=True` in the new config.""")