[IPython-User] How to run mayavi with ipython?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Wed Mar 28 00:33:25 CDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 22:29, klo uo <klonuo@gmail.com> wrote:

> For qtconsole, trick seems to be --pylab=wx or if pylab is not desired
> perhaps setting wxagg as default MPL backend

It is just a silly oversight that `--gui=foo` is not available at the
command-line for the qtconsole.  You can do `%gui wx` at runtime, which has
the exact same effect, until we fix the cl flag.  Can you open an Issue for
that? It should be a tiny fix.

Technically, you can do this at startup by invoking the qtconsole with:

    ipython qtconsole -c "%gui wx"

But I wouldn't actually recommend doing that as anything other than a
temporary workaround.

-MinRK