[IPython-User] sockjs code test

Darren Govoni darren@ontrenet....
Thu Nov 1 06:49:23 CDT 2012

Hi,
    When I tried the sockjs branch, my goal was for it to address the
issue with the main branch
opening random sockets back to the server which is not a firewall or WAN
friendly approach.
I thought sockjs was coded to address this, but I also was not able to
get it working and tried
the various suggestions (e.g. setting disabled protocol="ws" etc) but it
still wouldn't work across
our network.

I would offer again, that despite the convenience of using on-the-fly
ports, the best and most
web-compliant approach is to tunnel all the client/server interactions
over the same port/HTTP
that the client originated and use the "front-controller" pattern on the
server to sort out what
goes where. This approach is proven to work and to scale. And its how
ipcontroller sort of already
works (as a hub controller for multiple engines and manages the
interactions of those engines).

Darren