[IPython-User] sockjs code test

Massimo Di Stefano epiesasha@me....
Thu Nov 1 04:09:04 CDT 2012

To be sure i'm using the right branch i removed the old installation and profile files.

I tried to use ProxyPass with this configuration in the 000-default file in the directory sites-enabled for apache (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled).
This is at the bottom before the ending VirtuaoHost tag.

<Location />
        Order deny,allow
        Allow from all
        ProxyPassReverse /
        ProxyHTMLExtended On
        SetOutputFilter proxy-html
</Location>

ProxyPass / my.host.edu:8888/
ProxyPassReverse / my.host.edu:8888/

but doesn't work,

Looking through the documentation for IPython Notebook i found this:

***
Known Issues
============

When behind a proxy, especially if your system or browser is set to
autoreconize the proxy, the html notebook might failed to conect to the
WebSocket of the Tornado web-server, and present you with a warning at startup.
You might then want to exclude the adresse of the web-server to avoid using the
proxy.

For example in Firefox, go to the preference pannel, `Advance` section,
`Network` thumbnaiil, `Parameters`, then add the adresse of the notebook server
to the `no proxy for :` field.

***

I tried doing what is described here, adding my.host.edu to the 'no proxy for' field (Chrome, on MacbookPro) and that did NOT resolve the issue.

from that topic :

http://old.nabble.com/IPython-Notebook-on-Webfaction-to34451263.html#a34451263

it seems to be a known bug

the comment that suggests to try the sockjs branch is:  https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2321#issuecomment-8584862

… but i'm stuck on understand how to use it in a proper way
any help ?

Thanks!

Massimo.