[IPython-User] Notebook cells don't execute in Windows

David Hume djhume@gmail....
Thu Nov 1 18:37:30 CDT 2012

Hi Matthias, thanks for the quick response and suggestions.

I had a look at the javascript console and I can't see anything out of
usual.
We do have a proxy, (in fact we have several), and I've made sure the proxy
is not used for localhost.

The weird thing is that it was all running so well.  I'm assuming an auto
software update - either MS windows or our antivirus software may be the
cause.   What is doubly weird is that it is talking in one direction as we
see plot windows etc appear when we shift-enter down the cells!  Just no
output back to the web browser.

For the time being I've got one of my colleges using the Notebook server
(which I've set up running on a Linux box) and this works fine.  Although
not ideal as he really needs a more interactive plotting window rather than
the inline plot.

I might have another chat with our system admin about our virus software/etc
and see if I can temp disable the virus software to check if this is the
cause?

Thanks again for your suggestions.  Will post again when we have it sorted
(fingers crossed!)

cheers
Dave.