[IPython-User] Keyboard Shortcut for toggling between various input modes in an IPython notebook

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Thu Nov 1 20:57:01 CDT 2012

> This is just slightly off topic, but is there a way to get simple
> emacs key bindings for editing the cells? Just ^A, ^E, ^P, ^N, ^K, ^Y
> would make my life easier <grin>. I don't seem to be able to retrain
> my fingers!

This sort of thing should be up to the browser/OS, I think.  For instance,
on OS X (any major browser) all of these except ^Y already work, simply
because it is a text area.