[IPython-User] Notebook cells don't execute in Windows

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Thu Nov 1 20:59:29 CDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM, David Hume <djhume@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthias, thanks for the quick response and suggestions.
>
> I had a look at the javascript console and I can't see anything out of
> usual.
> We do have a proxy, (in fact we have several), and I've made sure the proxy
> is not used for localhost.
>
> The weird thing is that it was all running so well.  I'm assuming an auto
> software update - either MS windows or our antivirus software may be the
> cause.   What is doubly weird is that it is talking in one direction as we
> see plot windows etc appear when we shift-enter down the cells!  Just no
> output back to the web browser.
>
> For the time being I've got one of my colleges using the Notebook server
> (which I've set up running on a Linux box) and this works fine.  Although
> not ideal as he really needs a more interactive plotting window rather than
> the inline plot.
>
> I might have another chat with our system admin about our virus
> software/etc
> and see if I can temp disable the virus software to check if this is the
> cause?
>
> Thanks again for your suggestions.  Will post again when we have it sorted
> (fingers crossed!)

I saw somewhere the suggestion that telling it to listen on all IPs
(--ip='*') may be a workaround,
can you check if this is the case for you?  I don't remember where that
was, so it may be nonsense.

-MinRK