[IPython-User] Doctest checker in IPython notebook

Catherine Devlin catherine.devlin@gmail....
Fri Nov 2 05:29:43 CDT 2012

Thanks, everybody!  After a bunch of tweaking to get it to work as a
decorator, I uploaded to PyPI:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/ipython_doctester

I'd be happy to work toward inclusion in IPython itself, of course! - and
I'm open to suggestions about what else should be done to make that
possible.  I do want to let it take an argument so that you can decorate
with @test(show_successes=True) to get each successful example reported
even in an overall test success, or @test(show_successes=false) to never
say anything about tests that succeed (like doctest itself).  But my first
pass at implementing that failed, and I wanted to get this out there.

I plan to keep ipython_doctester as a separate project in addition to
possible future IPython inclusion, because I do want a version that
automatically uploads each test result to an instructor's dashboard... and
that's clearly outside the scope of IPython itself.

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com