[IPython-User] lib/guisupport.is_event_running_qt4 lying?

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Sat Nov 3 22:58:04 CDT 2012

The *frontend* runs Qt, so until you do something like `%gui qt` or `%pylab
qt`,
then it should not return True (even `PySide in sys.modules` should be
False).

For example:

$> ipython qtconsole

No eventloop enabled, should be false:

In [1]: from IPython.lib import guisupport

In [2]: guisupport.is_event_loop_running_qt4()

Out[2]: False

Enable eventloop:

In [3]: %gui qt

Qt is running, should be True:

In [4]: guisupport.is_event_loop_running_qt4()

Out[4]: True

Which all seems correct to me.

-MinRK