[IPython-User] Current status of notebook format?

Tue Nov 6 02:04:05 CST 2012

Le 6 nov. 2012 à 06:00, David Warde-Farley a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> Has the notebook format been relatively stable since 0.12? I want to distribute a notebook copy of a tutorial I'm giving on Saturday, what's the current best practices re: catering to multiple versions?

0.13+ is a slightly different format than 0.12.1.
I suggest you distribute v3 (0.13+) format as it is the stable one (and 0.13.1 has been released).
You can convert to v2 version thanks to minrk gist, but the least v2 format are in the wild the better.
https://gist.github.com/1935808

you can of course have people watch non-interactive notebook (V3 only) on nbviewer, or on the dev version do directly browse github :
http://nbviewer-dev.herokuapp.com/dwf/
(nbviewer should also support multi file gists)

--
Matthias