[IPython-User] PLEASE make autosave standard

Tom tmbdev@gmail....
Tue Nov 6 17:24:29 CST 2012

"You might like autosave, but I personally often want to revert to my last
saving point.  Then autosave is really annoying for me, I am not the only
one."

I don't care about autosave per se. What I care about is that a tool that I
spend hours in every day and recommend to others is robust against
failures, like all the other tools I use regularly: I should be able to
pull the power plug on my computer and not lose more than a minute or so of
work even if I never saved anything.

"If you came up with a good patch, we'll be happy to see you open a Pull
Request on github that improve situation."

It is impossible to come up with a "good patch" under the constraints you
list.  The question is whether those constraints are more important to the
iPython developers than preventing data loss.

Tom