[IPython-User] PLEASE make autosave standard

Wed Nov 7 04:06:22 CST 2012

On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 10:15:25AM +0100, Matthias BUSSONNIER wrote:
> In some class, we warn student, "please regularly save you work" we even remind them every 10-20 minutes during the exams.

I teach everybody around me to use a good editor that _never_ leads to
data loss. I never loose work because I do everything in vim that has
excellent crash recovery. As a consequence, I don't use the IPython
notebook appart for demos (and yes, I already lost a small amount of work
with it, nothing important because I save a lot).

The point of this message is not to complain or to disagree with your
choices in terms of tradeoffs between development time and nice features.
I know that as users or as project managers we cannot have it all,
eventhough we'd like. I am just saying that I think it is a very
important feature.

Gaël