[IPython-User] PLEASE make autosave standard

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Nov 7 10:47:02 CST 2012

On 7 November 2012 16:39, Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, would you like to have a snapshot of the kernel history, then? Because
> that could, perhaps, be handled in the kernel, and the frontend doesn't
> matter in that case... But the kernel history is already saved somewhere,
> if I am not mistaken.

You're not mistaken. There's an SQLite history database in the profile
directory. What we don't yet have are any tools for the user to access it.
That would be a good standalone project if anyone is interested - the API
is there, it just needs an interface. There's a brief description at
http://wiki.ipython.org/Potential_projects

Thomas