[IPython-User] PLEASE make autosave standard

Zoltán Vörös zvoros@gmail....
Wed Nov 7 10:52:42 CST 2012

Hi Thomas,

On 11/07/2012 05:47 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
> On 7 November 2012 16:39, Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com
> <mailto:zvoros@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     So, would you like to have a snapshot of the kernel history, then?
>     Because that could, perhaps, be handled in the kernel, and the
>     frontend doesn't matter in that case... But the kernel history is
>     already saved somewhere, if I am not mistaken.
>

> You're not mistaken. There's an SQLite history database in the profile
> directory. What we don't yet have are any tools for the user to access
> it. That would be a good standalone project if anyone is interested -
> the API is there, it just needs an interface. There's a brief
> description at http://wiki.ipython.org/Potential_projects
What would be your definition of an interface in this instance? I have
never used this, but by looking at your write-up, it seems to me that
pretty much everything is there. Did you mean a piece of js code, so
that you could browse the history in a, well, browser? Or something is
Qt/Gtk?

Cheers,
Zoltán