[IPython-User] PLEASE make autosave standard

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Wed Nov 7 11:09:26 CST 2012

On 7 November 2012 16:52, Zoltán Vörös <zvoros@gmail.com> wrote:

> What would be your definition of an interface in this instance? I have
> never used this, but by looking at your write-up, it seems to me that
> pretty much everything is there. Did you mean a piece of js code, so that
> you could browse the history in a, well, browser? Or something is Qt/Gtk?

It could really be whatever the person implementing it wants to build. A
few possibilities:

- A simple command-line interface to e.g. dump the last session to a text
file. This would probably be easy to code and very valuable.
- A more interactive terminal-based interface.
- A GUI application. Qt is preferable because we already have the Qt
console, but if someone really wants to do it in Gtk, they could.
- An HTML interface that could be offered through the notebook server.

These aren't mutually exclusive - if there's enough interest, we could have
more than one.

Thanks,
Thomas