[IPython-User] py2tex magic

Johan Beke johanbeke@hotmail....
Wed Nov 7 11:35:46 CST 2012

Hello all,

I finally finished my magic function to provide python input to tex conversion. I uploaded it at https://gist.github.com/4032651
Feel free to contribute.

What is possible for now:
- single and multi line magic functions can be displayed (with or without result)
- numerical output format can be set as a C prinft like format string
- support for unum unit package
- conversion of variable names with the greek letters (rules: a_b_c  everything after first _ is subscript. Next _ are converted to , remaining parts are converted to greek letters)

I tested this function already for calculations at my work and everything seems to be working fine.

For now, the file must be placed in the startup direction. Anyone willing to convert it to an extension?
Can I set a link somewhere in the wiki to make this magic functions available to users not in the list?

Johan