[IPython-User] How to install ipython in a virtualenv created by "mkvirtualenv --distribute --system-site-packages"?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut@gmail....
Tue Nov 6 16:53:36 CST 2012

Hi,

I created an environment with the following options.

mkvirtualenv --distribute --system-site-packages

But when I try to install it, pip detected the system wide
installation and does not install in the virtualenv. Is there a way to
force it to install ipython in the virtualenv? Thanks!

$pip install ipython
Requirement already satisfied (use --upgrade to upgrade): ipython in
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages

--
Regards,
Peng