[IPython-User] qtconsole doesn't like long argument lists

Thu Nov 8 10:15:15 CST 2012

Le 8 nov. 2012 à 16:38, Mark Bakker a écrit :

> Sorry to bring this up again (the previous post was snowed-under by other discussions).
>
> In the qtconsole, when the input list for a function is very long, it becomes unreadable in the "balloon help" feature of iPython.
> Even when the list of input arguments has backslashes and is distributed over several lines in the script, it shows up in the balloon help as one long line, which disappears off the screen.
> Would it be possible to include line breaks where the backslashes are used in the argument list of the function?
> Or some other solution (I know, function with question mark, but that doesn't do a "balloon help").

I think this is already filled as issue #2540 (https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/2540).

This shouldn't be too hard to wrap, but one need to find the right place in the qtconsole code.
As line breaking at the same place than in the original source code, i'm not sure if it is possible.

You could subscript to the issue to know when it is fixed.
--
Matthias