[IPython-User] history of previous session

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Nov 9 04:43:26 CST 2012

On 9 November 2012 09:48, Timmie <timmichelsen@gmx-topmail.de> wrote:

> ho can I resun commands for a previous session?

You can use the %rerun and %recall magics with the numbers you see:

%rerun 32/2
%recall 32/2

They can also take a range of lines:

%rerun 32/2-5

And you can count backwards from the current session - so to rerun the
second command from the preceding session:

%rerun ~1/2

> BTW, is there a possibility to save a session with all its variables and
imports
> to a gzip archive or a like and load it the next day?

It's not integrated with IPython (yet?), but you might want to play around
with dill:
http://dev.danse.us/trac/pathos/wiki/dill

Hope that helps,
Thomas