[IPython-User] Arguments in ipython scripts

Fri Nov 9 16:35:14 CST 2012

Le 9 nov. 2012 à 07:02, Nathan West a écrit :

> Hey all,
>
> I'm using argparse in a .ipy file. I'm trying to test it with -h, but it keeps sending the argument to ipython, even when I execute the file directly:
>
> ./alarm.ipy -h
> <prints ipython help>
>
> Any idea how to forward the argument?

Some argument are catched really early in the configuration ('IPython/config/application.py') and it does not seem to be any way to prevent IPython from interpreting them.

I suggest you open an issue about that on github. And we'll try to figure out what can be done.

Sorry about that.
--
Matthias