[IPython-User] Do IPython notebook from ANY computer?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Nov 12 11:19:46 CST 2012

On 9 November 2012 20:33, Lasse Nørfeldt <lasse@norfeldt.dk> wrote:

> Well I don't want to pay a monthly subscription at Azure for the
> scientific programming that I'm doing. But I got another idea.. I got this
> Plug-In-The-Wall-Computer called a pogoplug which runs some sort of linux
> that allows me to access my HD at home trough the internet (never use it).
> What if this could act as a Azure server? I read that I can port Arch Linux
> on it.. would that allow me to do the trick?

You don't need anything from Azure - if you can get Arch (or any other
popular Linux distro, like Ubuntu, Debian or Fedora) going on it, you
should be able to install IPython and everything needed to run the notebook.

As Matthias mentions, you can also use NotebookCloud, which sets up an
Amazon EC2 instance to run the notebook for you. That does involve paying
Amazon, but they give you a free instance for a year when you sign up.

https://notebookcloud.appspot.com/login

Thomas