[IPython-User] How to execute ipython notebook with cell-level magics from the command line?

Christoph Deil deil.christoph@googlemail....
Wed Nov 14 02:48:36 CST 2012

Hi,

is it possible to execute an ipython notebook with cell-level magics from the command line?

I have a bunch of ipython notebooks that contain e.g.
%load_ext cythonmagic
%%cython
and I'd like to be able to run them from the command line for automatic testing.

I tried converting the ipynb file to a py file and then running it through
ipython -i myscript.py
but that already gives a syntax error for simple magics and I guess it's impossible to incorporate cell-level magics in regular python files somehow?

Christoph