[IPython-User] Printing a string and latex together in a notebook

Sun Nov 18 16:53:08 CST 2012

Le 18 nov. 2012 à 22:31, Aaron Meurer a écrit :

> Would it make sense to create (or does one already exist) a Markdown
> object (or Markdown output type) which takes a string input and
> renders it like a Markdown cell would? Then it would just be something
> like Markdown("The answer is %s" % latex(x**2, mode='inline')) (note
> that latex(mode='inline') includes the $ delimiters).

Not sure I fully understand, py2tex does allow to do some nice things.

And we are also working on having the ability to do

the value of x is ::x::
in a markdown cell,
where ::x:: will be replace by the actual repr of x in the kernel.
Still thinking on the best syntax and how to choose between tex/html/.../ repr.
--
Matthias