[IPython-User] browser and notebook keybindings

Daniel Wheeler daniel.wheeler2@gmail....
Tue Nov 20 16:21:48 CST 2012

I noticed that the browser's general keybindings for editing text are not
respected when editing text in the notebook's cells. I'm using Firefox
along with an add-on called Firemacs which allows one to set "emacs" like
keybindings. This mostly works for editing browser email, wikis and the
like. My question is what is special about notebook cell text entry (or
different form regular browser based text editing) that results in the
browser based keybindings being ignored or overridden in some way?

Cheers

--
Daniel Wheeler