[IPython-User] [notebook] c.ZMQInteractiveShell.colors not respected

Wed Nov 21 02:37:17 CST 2012

Le 21 nov. 2012 à 00:55, Michael Aye a écrit :

> As the subject states, it seems that this line:
>
> c.ZMQInteractiveShell.colors = 'Linux'
>
> is not being respected in the notebook config file in my 0.13.1
> installation. I also tried 'NoColor'.
> Can somebody confirm?

Yes, this is not a bug, more a not implemented yet feature.
There are no way to propagate the python configuration to the browser side for now.
Moreover the coloring is not made by pigment but by code mirror css which does not take the same stylesheet.
So coherence of the options will be difficult.

Anyway,

If you really which to change the theme, you will have to change
those 2 lines with the theme you want :
/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static/js/
codecell.js:            theme: 'ipython',
textcell.js:            theme: 'default',

The list of available css theme is here :
/IPython/frontend/html/notebook/static/codemirror/theme/

and you can test the look :
http://codemirror.net/demo/theme.html

The ability to customize theme easily will come in its time.
--
Matthias