[IPython-User] browser and notebook keybindings

Wed Nov 21 02:45:33 CST 2012

Le 21 nov. 2012 à 08:08, Jakob Gager a écrit :

> In this context it is also interesting that middle mouse button pasteing is not working in the notebook
> (neither in code cells nor markup cells).
> This might also be related the the JS code-editing widget?

We are preventing default action for many things in notebook widget because of the diversity of the browser
(eg <esc> in FF clos websocket connexion) so there are lot of chances you extension is blocked because of that.

You can try on a non-modified code mirror example (http://codemirror.net/demo/theme.html) to see wether it is IPython or CodeMirror itself that blocks.

As for the mouse paste, I'm not sure where we capture it, you can also do the same test as above to know wether it is us or CodeMirror.

We plan on making the keybindings as configurable as possible, but I don't know how possible it will be to give control to FF extension.
--
Matthias